Tuesday, August 01, 2006

So...Big Gulps Huh?

I’ve never really thought of myself as one with a ton to say. But then I realized that that is just plain silly. Everyone has something to say. I’m relatively smart and moderately witty so why not trot out some musings. (Or blatant rip-offs of other’s stuff if I’m having a particularly slow mind day.)

I’m the Dallas, Texas area and it’s hotter than two rats humpin’ in a wool sock. I mean damn hot. We got no water and nary a prospect of rain in the long-range forecast. There’s some crappy fungus growing in our reservoirs that makes the drinking water smell like it came out of a boar’s ass and taste twice as bad. Everyone’s yards are drying up because we can’t water but 1 day a week. I don’t have to mow my lawn anymore; instead I can just go out and kick the grass over. Oh, and the ground is cracking, I mean like two inch cracks in the dirt. I saw a Chinaman blinking back at me in one.

It’s f-in’ hot but I’m not sure I want to get into a discussion of global warming. First it kinda makes my brain power-down. The political hot-button nature of the argument is off-putting. The scientist claim that it’s WAY hotter than decades before and the ice caps are melting, seems like they would know, right? On the other hand, how much faith can we put into the temperature readings from the years 238 or 691? When Maximinus Thrax was kicking the shit out of Carthage did he know what the temp was, or barometric pressure? Or did he just know that it was hot enough to melt the Fuller brush on the top of his helmet. I’ll leave it to the scientists, Al Gore and the powers that be to reauchambeau for it.

Ok on second thought, maybe I don’t have any thing to say. I’ll continue to say nothing here when I come up with nothing.

Counting down to College Football. A

No comments: