Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Handshakes

So who’s the wuss?

I use this company down the street mainly because they are close to our company and they are also a smallish, family-ish run business. The kind I like to support. The sales rep, that was lucky enough to be standing there when I walked in with our company’s wallet wide open, who literally didn’t nothing for the commission but open the door, bugs the shit out of me. I should’ve known what to expect when she – and no that’s not why – shook my hand the first time. You’ve heard people refer to a limp handshake as a “dead fish?” Dead fish around the globe are flopping over and gasping for air so that they can say, “hey what the….” This is one really crappy handshake. I magine if you were to try to grip a handful of smoke, well this is one step better than that. I’m pretty sure there is blood pumping in that hand, which I guess the smoke can’t boast. I’d like to say something to her, but given her handshake, I’m afraid of hurting her feelings.

It’s more than the grip. Regardless of their importance, if my requests are small they can be ignored. Right? Hogwash! I’ve made a dozen small requests of these people and I feel like they are ignoring me. So I call and let them know them missed one or two. Then the miss them again and I call. You see where this is going. Call, Goof, Call, Goof. It’s a pain in the ass. I should drop them, but they’ve kind of have me over a barrel. The reason we use them is because they handle a new and quickly growing business segment. Switching to another provider would really muck things up and cost us dearly. And by “dearly” I mean CASH. So for now, I’m resigning myself to be the complaining customer who looks like he’s nitpicking.

I know this is not an earth-shattering problem, but it’s my blog so I’ll cry if I want to.

No comments: